(The Art Of Unity) Wim Hof Method vs Shamanic Breathing for extreme cold and altered states. These breathing techniques can allow you to increase your energy, withstand cold, and improve your physical health in many ways.
Wim Hof is making this style very popular and he’s proven many ways this can allow you to almost have superhuman powers. And another method I learned from shamanic healers many years ago in south America. They are both very simple and very beneficial, Wim Hof’s method is shorter and easier than Shamanic breathing and you can see directions for both in the video and below.
Wim Hof Method:
- Lay in a comfortable position. It is best to not use a pillow or only a small one so that your spine and neck are in alignment.
- Breathe deep for either 2 to 3 minutes or just take about 30 deep inhales and exhales -Breathing pattern is fully in, as much as you can, and then exhale is a comfortable "letting go", DO NOT blow the air out in full or force it out.
- Hold Breath - Once you get past 2 minutes or 30 breaths, the number is not important, let go of the breath fully and hold in the exhale, not taking another breath. Relaxing into your body and mind going deep allow yourself not to breath for at least a minute and up to 3, however long you can go for.
- Breath deep and hold - Once you cannot hold any longer take a full inhale and squeeze, feel the energy radiating up your spine for 15-20 seconds as you hold the breath during your inhale. To create further awareness you can tap with your hands parts of your body such as your abdomen, your chest, your head and your third eye to active your chakras and your brain stem and pineal gland. Imagine moving the energy around in these areas. Also imagine an egg of light for love and protection around you detoxing any negative energy and bringing positive energy.
- Then let go and start the process of 30 breaths over again. Do a minimum of three rounds up to as many as you'd like. The more you do, the deeper you will go and more you will hold your breath and get all the benefits.
- Bonus - you can even do a horse stance or plank to see how long your can hold yourself while you are holding your breath. You will notice this time going up as you do this more and more and an ability to hold your breath longer, but don’t stress about the performance that’s just so you know you are improving.
- Lay down in the same way with your head in alignment with your chakras.
- Breath as aggressively as possible for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Every 10 – 15 minutes you will stop and hold your breath. This I usually do on the inhale, as opposed to the last one the down breath.
- Then after you can’t hold your breath any longer let it out slowly and start again.
- With this you will see amazing things happening. You will be able to hold your breath for surprising amounts of time. Your state of consciousness will become as if you are on ecstasy and you will begin to feel a deep connection to everything. I like to do this with a tantra meditation that you can find here. /// It will give you an incredibly powerful experience of love, intimacy, and connection with your partner.
- I recommend putting coconut oil on your lips and mouth because it will be very drying and uncomfortable.
- If you start to cramp or feel pain, try to breath into the pain and continue until it passes.
Overcoming cold temperature extremes:
If you want to open yourself to your greater power this is done with a mind, body, and spirit approach. You don’t do it just with your body, if you want to go and do incredible things like withstanding cold you do that by preparing yourself for it mentally. When you prepare yourself mentally it’s not only your mental body that prepares, but your physical, emotional and energy body prepares as well.
Implied release of liability. Perform at your own risk. If you are unsure please consult your doctor before performing any physical activity including activities that involve something as critical as breathing.
Source: The Art Of Unity